The Train Green Sustainable Energy Infrastructure Capacity Building and Pipeline Program (Train Green SEICBP) is a new training, credentialing, and certification program for District Certified Business Enterprises (CBEs) and/or CBE-eligible firms. This program is designed to assist CBEs and CBE-eligible firms in acquiring new or enhanced skills and knowledge around energy efficiency and renewable energy design, construction, inspection, and maintenance.
All trainings and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a rolling basis. This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities. Before you begin searching for the right course for you, please complete our SEICBP Train Green Program Access Form. All program participants are required to complete this form in FY 2022 in order get access to courses. After this form is completed, you will receive a unique Train Green Registrant Code that you will be required to present at registration for each individual course when courses become available.
- CBE or CBE Eligible Firm employees (all professional levels: entry level or continuing education)
- Contractors in or looking to offer energy efficiency or renewable energy services
- Building Owners, Property managers, Building Operators
- Electricians, Plumbing, Lighting, or HVAC technicians
- Engineers or Energy service providers
- Architects, designers, and safety engineers
- Renewable Energy/Solar providers
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst
- Energy Modeling
- Facilities Management and Energy Efficient Building Operations
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Introduction to Benchmarking and Data Verification
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Renewable Energy/Solar Fundamentals and Design
Upcoming Training Sessions
The new FY 2022 program is still currently in development. Please check back for updates for the FY 2022 course schedule. In the meantime, please sign up for updates to be notified when additional courses become available and complete our SEICBP Train Green Program Access Form to receive your FY 2022 Train Green Registrant Code required for registration when courses go live
01/26/2022 2:00PM - 01/26/2022 3:00PM
Wednesday, January 26th
2:00 p.m. EST - 3:00 p.m. EST
The DCSEU is excited kick off the new year with an Interest Session for the FY 2022 Train Green SEICBP Program. Train Green is a no-cost training, credentialing, and certification program for District Certified Business Enterprises (CBEs) and/or CBE-eligible firms. This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities through the acquisition of new/enhanced skills and knowledge around energy efficiency and renewable energy design, construction, inspection, and maintenance. This year the DCSEU will be introducing new Training Pathways to better help participants at every skill/experience level find the best courses for their interests. Courses will range from more broad introductory courses to more specific advanced courses. Join us to discuss all the new updates before the FY2022 program launches.
Session topics will include:
- The new Training Pathways and ways to map out the best path for you
- Potential course load and credentials offered for FY 2022
- Program eligibility
- How access and register for upcoming FY 2022 courses
Sign Up For Training Session Updates
Sign up here for upcoming training alerts or to learn more about RFP/RFQ opportunities.
Interested in becoming a Certified Business Enterprise? Please visit The Department of Small & Local Business Development (DSLBD) certification webpage or view CBE certification criteria for more information. DSLBD hosts one-on-one sessions that are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month.
DSLBD also offers resources through the DSLBD Toolkit.