In 2020, the DCSEU launched a new training, credentialing, and certification program for District Certified Business Enterprises (CBEs) and/or CBE-eligible firms called the Sustainable Energy Infrastructure Capacity Building and Pipeline Program (SEICBP Program). This program is designed to assist CBEs and CBE-eligible in acquiring new or enhanced skills and knowledge around energy efficiency and renewable energy design, construction, inspection, and maintenance.
All trainings and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a rolling basis. This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.
- CBE or CBE Eligible Firm employees (all professional levels: entry level or continuing education)
- Contractors in or looking to offer energy efficiency or renewable energy services
- Building Owners, Property managers, Building Operators
- Electricians, Plumbing, Lighting, or HVAC technicians
- Engineers or Energy service providers
- Architects, designers, and safety engineers
- Renewable Energy/Solar providers
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst
- Energy Modeling
- Facilities Management and Energy Efficient Building Operations
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Introduction to Benchmarking and Data Verification
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Renewable Energy/Solar Fundamentals and Design
Upcoming Training Sessions
All course offerings have closed for FY 2020. Please check back for updates on future course offerings and contractor events hosted by the DCSEU or sign up below for updates to be notified when new trainings are available!
10/13/2020 12:00PM - 10/13/2020 1:00PM
Tuesday, October 13th
Join the DCSEU for a contractor information session about all the ways you can work with the DCSEU this year to access rebates and technical assistance for your customers' energy efficiency projects. Topics will include:
- Residential rebates for appliances and HVAC
- Commercial rebates including enhanced rebates for small businesses and income-qualified multifamily properties
- Instant commercial lighting rebates (and how to become a participating distributor)
- Custom incentives and technical assistance for commercial and multifamily projects
- Direct subcontracting opportunities and more
Sign Up For Training Session Updates
Sign up here for upcoming training alerts or to learn more about RFP/RFQ opportunities.
Interested in becoming a Certified Business Enterprise? Please visit The Department of Small & Local Business Development (DSLBD) certification webpage or view CBE certification criteria for more information. DSLBD hosts one-on-one sessions that are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month.
DSLBD also offers resources through the DSLBD Toolkit.