Multifamily Air Sealing Strategies to Pass Unit Infiltration Testing Requirements (Self-Paced)
This session will provide an overview of the importance of an air barrier including the most important design considerations, common shortfalls in design and execution, and the difference between a whole building air barrier and a unit-by-unit compartmentalization air barrier.
- Understand difference between whole building air barrier and compartmentalization
- Understand benefits of compartmentalization including energy efficiency, improved comfort, reduced pests, and enhanced indoor air quality
- Articulate the pros and cons of whole building options for air barriers
- Define the ‘redline’ air barrier for a building and multifamily unit for unitized compartmentalization
- Identify air barrier transitions and where new details are needed to confirm a continuous air barrier is maintained
- Discover weak points in executing an air barrier on site. Real world examples from site photos will include typical multifamily design details, building materials, and strategies
Company Name: Steven Winters Associates
Instructor: Joseph Andracchio, PE, Senior Mechanical Engineer
Joseph Andracchio is a Senior Sustainability Consultant specializing in a range of residential green building programs and consulting including LEED for Homes, ENERGY STAR, Passive House, and NGBS. He has 10 years of experience ranging from single family to multifamily high rise completing diagnostics, air barrier consulting, energy modeling and performance testing.
Course Type: Module length: 1-hour
Course Dates: Online on-demand
Registration Deadline: Access open until 09/15
CEU: 1 AIA HSW
Exam / Record of Completion: Certificate of Completion
All training and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the time commitment for this course, registrants will only be allowed to signup for this course if they are not registered for any other courses through the DCSEU that present a time conflict (unless that course is self-paced).This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.