BPI MultiFamily Building Analyst Training & Proctored Certification Testing
Students in the EnergyScore® BPI MultiFamily Building Analyst (MFBA) certification training will learn how to assess larger, more complicated buildings with 5 or more units in often mid or high-rise structures. Often these buildings have large central heating plants and hydronic or steam distribution systems. One will learn how to perform comprehensive assessments, identify problems at their root cause, and prescribe and prioritize solutions based on building science. The MFBA certification verifies the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to conduct comprehensive building performance audits, blower door testing of apartment buildings, steam, hydronics, elevators, water heating, renewables, combustion safety testing, thermal boundaries, pressure boundaries, moisture issues, and testing/data collection.
Provider: EnergyScore, Inc
Instructor: Patrick Armstrong
Course type: Live Zoom Classroom
Prerequisites: This course has no prerequisites although a Building Analyst certification or technical background is helpful
Zoom Classroom training - May 23rd – May 25th 8:30AM - 4:00PM
Exams: May 26th 8:30AM - 4:00PM
Registration deadline: May 18, 2022 at 5:00PM
Time commitment: 4 days - Training is approximately 24 hrs and testing 5 hrs.
Description of training materials (hard copies available upon request, too large to upload);
- Bound class materials are shipped including a 698-page training manual, BPI reference standards, reference sheets. Also, online access to the reference standards.
- 100’s of sample test questions at the end of each chapter which are completed and done as a group in class.
- Free online access to our daily quizzes (new questions not covered in the above). Quizzes are trackable and may be taken multiple times for test preparation.
- Free access to our online field training to reinforce the live instructor led training
- 10% EnergyScore® student discount towards Retrotec equipment
Exam/record of completion: MFBA certification
CEUs: 6 BPI CEUs
Course value: $1,995/person
You Pay: $0
All training and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the time commitment for this course, registrants will only be allowed to signup for this course if they are not registered for any other courses through the DCSEU that present a time conflict (unless that course is self-paced).This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.