Refrigeration equipment for businesses such as grocery stores, convenience stores, and restaurants can account for as much as 60% of electricity consumption.
If your business has refrigeration, installing energy-efficient equipment and controls on existing or new equipment can help you reduce energy costs, enhance equipment reliability, and improve your bottom line. The DCSEU provides standard rebates to District businesses for installing new ENERGY STAR refrigerators and freezers.
|ENERGY STAR Reach-in Refrigerators up to 80 cubic feet||Rebate|
|Glass or solid door < 15 cubic feet||$75|
|Glass or solid door 15 to <30 cubic feet||$125|
|Glass or solid door 30 to <50 cubic feet||$200|
|Glass or solid door 50 to <80 cubic feet||$225|
|ENERGY STAR Freezers up to 80 cubic feet||Rebate|
|Glass or solid door < 15 cubic feet||$100|
|Glass or solid door 15 to <30 cubic feet||$175|
|Glass or solid door 30 to <50 cubic feet||$250|
|Glass or solid door 50 to <80 cubic feet||$350|
All projects must be submitted for pre-approval prior to the purchase of equipment. Applications that are not submitted for pre-approval are not guaranteed to receive rebates from the DCSEU.
Total rebates are limited to $50,000 per location, per fiscal year. View all the Terms and Conditions.
Apply For Rebates
To apply for rebates, carefully follow the steps below:
- Download the rebate application (xlsx). Projects must use the current application.
- Submit your application for pre-approval.
- Receive confirmation of pre-approval and reservation of funds from the DCSEU.
- Submit your invoices and other required documents to the DCSEU via BusinessRebates@dcseu.com. Within five days of submitting final documents, you must provide the DCSEU access to your facility for inspection. The purchase and installation of materials must take place during the 90 day reservation period. Materials purchased 6 months prior to receiving pre-approval letter are not eligible for this program.
- Receive your rebate check from the DCSEU after your project has been inspected. Please allow up to 60 days for receipt of your rebate.
For questions about equipment rebates, or for questions about embarking on energy efficiency upgrades in your business, please contact the DCSEU at 202-479-2222 or email@example.com.