Energy-efficient motors, pumps, and drives can yield considerable savings when optimized and properly sized.
A drive controls the speed of a motor, which rotates a pump or fan to move air or fluid. Proper sizing of motors, pumps, and fans is the most important factor in a system’s overall energy efficiency. Variable frequency drives (VFDs) can often generate significant savings, too. Their load-matching technology allows a motor to run only as fast as needed, saving energy and reducing wear on equipment. The DCSEU offers rebates on VFDs for multiple applications for District businesses.
The DCSEU offers rebates on VFDs for the following types of applications:
- Supply fans
- Return fans
- Chilled water pumps
- Hot water pumps
- Water source heat pump circulation pumps
Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
|$150 per hp|
|VFDs > 15hp||Custom|
All projects must be submitted for pre-approval prior to the purchase of equipment. Applications that are not submitted for pre-approval are not guaranteed to receive rebates from the DCSEU.
Total rebates are limited to $50,000 per location, per fiscal year. View all the Terms and Conditions.
Apply For Rebates
To apply for rebates, carefully follow the steps below:
- Download the rebate application (xlsx). Projects must use the current application.
- Submit your application for pre-approval.
- Receive confirmation of pre-approval and reservation of funds from the DCSEU.
- Submit your invoices and other required documents to the DCSEU via BusinessRebates@dcseu.com. Within five days of submitting final documents, you must provide the DCSEU access to your facility for inspection. The purchase and installation of materials must take place during the 90 day reservation period. Materials purchased 6 months prior to receiving pre-approval letter are not eligible for this program.
- Receive your rebate check from the DCSEU after your project has been inspected. Please allow up to 60 days for receipt of your rebate.
For questions about equipment rebates, or for questions about embarking on energy efficiency upgrades in your business, please contact the DCSEU at 202-479-2222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.