Food Service and Vending
Food service equipment can consume a lot of energy and water—sometimes needlessly. Businesses looking to save should look for ENERGY STAR®-qualified equipment that can help them cut down on their energy and water costs.
In addition to lowering energy costs, efficiency improvements can enhance the comfort, appearance, and ambiance of your restaurant, cafeteria, or kitchen for your guests and staff. Simple changes to your kitchen, such as locating cooking line appliances as close to the hood as possible, fixing water leaks, and setting water heaters to proper temperatures can save energy with simply the investment of time. Rebates for qualified equipment are now available from the DCSEU.
|Food Service Equipment||Rebate|
|Steam Cooker (gas)||$750|
|Steam Cooker (electric)||$400|
|Hot Food Holding Cabinet (electric)||$300|
|Combination Oven (gas)||$750|
|Combination Oven (electric)||$600|
|Convection Oven (gas)||$550|
|Convection Oven (electric)||$225|
|Spray Rinse Valve (≤ 1.6 GPM)||$40|
|Vending Machine Controllers||$50|
|Plug-Load Occupancy Sensor*||$20|
All projects must be submitted for pre-approval prior to the purchase of equipment. Applications that are not submitted for pre-approval are not guaranteed to receive rebates from the DCSEU.
Total rebates are limited to $50,000 per location, per fiscal year. View all the Terms and Conditions.
Apply For Rebates
To apply for rebates, carefully follow the steps below:
- Download the rebate application (xlsx). Projects must use the current application.
- Submit your application for pre-approval.
- Receive confirmation of pre-approval and reservation of funds from the DCSEU.
- Submit your invoices and other required documents to the DCSEU via BusinessRebates@dcseu.com. Within five days of submitting final documents, you must provide the DCSEU access to your facility for inspection. The purchase and installation of materials must take place during the 90 day reservation period. Materials purchased 6 months prior to receiving pre-approval letter are not eligible for this program.
- Receive your rebate check from the DCSEU after your project has been inspected. Please allow up to 60 days for receipt of your rebate.
For questions about equipment rebates, or for questions about embarking on energy efficiency upgrades in your business, please contact the DCSEU at 202-479-2222 or email@example.com.