Heating and cooling accounts for as much as 40% of the energy used in commercial facilities.
Today’s Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment uses significantly less energy to operate than equipment purchased just a decade ago. Businesses can save money, increase equipment reliability, and create more comfortable and productive workplaces by making energy-efficient choices when installing, renovating, or replacing HVAC equipment. The DCSEU offers rebates on energy-efficient air conditioning systems, boilers and furnaces, controls and pumps, and water heaters that can help you save money at your business for years to come.
FY 2018 Standard Rebates for HVAC are now available. Custom rebates for HVAC equipment are also available.
Boilers & Furnaces (Natural Gas Only)
Condensing Boiler 75-225 kBtu/hr AFUE >= 90%
|Condensing Furnaces <225 kBtu/hr AFUE >= 95%|| $2.75
All projects must be submitted for pre-approval prior to the purchase of equipment. Applications that are not submitted for pre-approval are not guaranteed to receive rebates from the DCSEU.
Total rebates are limited to $50,000 per location, per fiscal year. View all the Terms and Conditions.
Apply For Rebates
To apply for rebates, carefully follow the steps below:
- Download the rebate application (xlsx). Projects must use the current application.
- Submit your application for pre-approval.
- Receive confirmation of pre-approval and reservation of funds from the DCSEU.
- Submit your invoices and other required documents to the DCSEU via BusinessRebates@dcseu.com. Within five days of submitting final documents, you must provide the DCSEU access to your facility for inspection. The purchase and installation of materials must take place during the 90 day reservation period. Materials purchased 6 months prior to receiving pre-approval letter are not eligible for this program.
- Receive your rebate check from the DCSEU after your project has been inspected. Please allow up to 60 days for receipt of your rebate.
For questions about equipment rebates, or for questions about embarking on energy efficiency upgrades in your business, please contact the DCSEU at 202-479-2222 or email@example.com.