08/11/2020 8:00PM - 07/27/2020 8:00PM
6 Sessions Total over 3 Weeks: 2 Sessions per week on Wednesdays and Fridays
- August 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 (Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Time: 8:00am - 11:00am ET
Fundamentals of Energy Efficient Building Operations teaches building operators the basic principles of energy efficiency awareness and practices in commercial buildings. This course examines common HVAC systems, lighting, their impact on energy consumption, common opportunities for energy conservation, indoor environmental quality, and customer relations at a basic level. Through learning activities, the student understands the importance of measuring and benchmarking energy performance and their role in their organization’s energy and financial goals.
It is highly recommended that program participants have:
- One-plus years of experience working in operations and maintenance of a commercial or institutional facility, or
- One-plus year of technical college level education in commercial or industrial facilities operations and maintenance, or
- One-plus years of experience in energy management of commercial, institutional or industrial facilities with a focus on operations and maintenance.
It introduces concepts that serve as the foundation for the Building Operator Certification® (BOC) course series.
All training and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a first come, first serve basis. This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.