09/08/2020 9:00AM - 09/17/2020 3:30PM
- Tuesday, Sept. 8th, 9am-12pm and 1-3:30pm, online Zoom session
- Thursday, Sept. 10th, 9am-12pm and 1-3:30pm, online Zoom session
- Tues., Sept. 15th, 9am-12pm and 1-3:30pm, online Zoom session
- Thurs., Sept. 17th, 9am-12pm and 1-3:30pm, online Zoom session
- Optional: One-day in-person hands-on practice session during the week of Sept. 21st at a Washington, D.C. regional lab site (date/time TBA)
The BPI Building Analyst course is a comprehensive training which covers many topics on home performance evaluation and energy efficiency retrofit planning including: the fundamentals of building science; home assessment; BPI standards and testing protocols; energy modeling and work scope development; building science calculations, and use of diagnostic tools such as a blower door, pressure pan, exhaust fan flow meter and combustion safety testing equipment.
This training prepares students to challenge the written (100-question) and field examinations required to achieve the BPI Building Analyst Professional Certification. Teaching delivery method: The class will utilize a hybrid delivery method consisting of four full-day online sessions (with breaks) in a live instructor-led format utilizing Zoom, supplemented with an optional in-person hands-on practice session in a lab setting.
Certification exams: One set of certification exams are included at no cost to each participant and will be scheduled separately with each individual through a local BPI Test Center. Exams must be completed within six months after the end of class.
Intended Audience/Prerequisite Knowledge and Experience: This is an advanced course that covers a lot of information with minimal hands-on practice, and is designed to prepare experienced energy auditors for the BPI Building Analyst exam.
It is highly recommended that participants have:
- at least six months field experience conducting diagnostic and combustion appliance zone testing in the residential energy upgrade sector and
- the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform comprehensive whole-home assessments by identifying problems at the root cause and prescribing prioritized solutions based on building science.
All training and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a first come, first serve basis. This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.