LEED AP BD+C Exam Preparation Workshop Series
LEED AP Building Design + Construction (LEED AP BD+C) credential suits professionals with expertise in the design and construction phases of green buildings, serving the commercial, residential, education and healthcare sectors. The training sessions are designed to include:
- a thorough review of sustainability and green building concepts
- all relevant topics addressed in LEED AP BD+C exam, including Integrative process, Location and transportation, Sustainable sites, Water efficiency, Energy and atmosphere, Materials and resources, Indoor environmental quality, Innovation in design and regional priority
- step by step LEED accreditation and exam application process
- LEED certification process
- exam taking tips
- sample test questions after each chapter
During the workshops in the series, Ms. Kocak Gin will discuss the LEED certification process, individual LEED prerequisites and credits in detail with practical examples from her past projects and “good to know” sections that will underline critical information and terms to retain for exam success.
Provider: BIMCraft Consulting, LLC
Instructor: Fulya Kocak Gin
Course date(s): Four 4-hour sessions over two weekends:
- June 4 – 9AM – 1PM
- June 5– 9AM – 1PM
- June 11 – 9AM – 1PM
- June 12 – 9AM – 1PM
Registration deadline: May 30th, 2022
Time commitment: 4 half days (3.5 hrs x 4 days) as well as homework and 90-minute study and Q&A sessions after the completion of all workshops
Course Format: Live Zoom Classroom
Prerequisites: LEED Green Associate Credential
Office/Study Hours: 90-minute study and Q&A sessions will be moderated by the LEED AP, BD+C workshop instructor Fulya Kocak Gin after the completion of all workshops. LEED AP, BD+C candidates are encouraged to study provided hand-outs and come to one or both of the study sessions to ask questions or request a challenging exam topic to be rediscussed. If time allows, the instructor will include sample questions that will be answered by the participants in the session.
Sample Exams: Two-100 question sample exams allow LEED AP, BD+C candidates to measure their understanding of all critical topics that may be included in the actual LEED AP, BD+C credentialing exam. Many of the answers to the questions include explanations that enhances the knowledge retention that was gained during the virtual exam preparation workshops.
All workshop participants are highly encouraged to complete both sample tests. As a good rule of thumb, it is recommended that at least 85 out of the 100 questions are correctly answered before taking the actual exam. If the exam candidate has a high rate of incorrect answers, the LEED categories and credits that were referred to in the questions of mistakes should be studied again and as long as it takes for those topics to be retained.
Course material: Electronic versions of presentation slides, handout materials and practice questions and an optional 2 sets of simulation exams [with 100 questions in each]
Exam/record of completion: LEED AP BD+C exam
Exam dates: Set individually by students, exam code provided by DCSEU upon completion of exam prep course.
- Exam and application fees to be paid to the Green Building Certification Institute will be purchased separately by DCSEU. You must have an active LEED GA to register for the BD+C exam.
- Each attendee should individually create an account on USGBC.org and apply for the exam. Our training will include registration instructions.
- Success in passing the exam depends on each individual's learning capacity and cannot be guaranteed.
- Presentation slides and materials used to facilitate these sessions are copyrighted and cannot be used or distributed without written permission.
Course Value: $650 per person
You Pay: $0
All training and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the time commitment for this course, registrants will only be allowed to signup for this course if they are not registered for any other courses through the DCSEU that present a time conflict (unless that course is self-paced).This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.