BPI Infiltration & Duct Leakage
The EnergyScore® BPI Infiltration and Duct Leakage (IDL) Certification is a single measure certification that meets IECC code compliance for builders, contractors and code officials who must perform duct leakage test, duct blaster testing and/or blower door tests on new construction or renovations to existing properties. Passing the exam (field exam only) verifies the candidates can conduct duct leakage testing, duct blaster testing and blower door tests to the ASTM E1554-07 standard and awards the candidate with the BPI Infiltration and Duct Leakage (IDL) Certification.
Includes instruction on:
- The BPI Infiltration and Duct Leakage (IDL) Certification Standards and concepts
- Learn Duct Blaster Testing; Subtraction method, Duct leakage and Duct Leakage to the Outside
- Learn Blower Door Testing, concepts and the use of the Blower Door
Provider: EnergyScore, Inc
Instructor: Patrick Armstrong
Course type: Live virtual, field exam
- 9 hr, self-paced, online
- 4 hours of Live remote instruction
- Proctored BPI IDL Field certification exam included, no written exam required
- A Full copy of the course materials shipped to students
Prerequisites: This course has no prerequisites although a Building Analyst certification or technical background is helpful.
- June 26h, 2023 - Zoom Classroom training
June 27th - June 30th, 2023 – Dates available for scheduling field exams
Registration deadline: June 16th, 2023 at 5:00PM
Time commitment: Training is approximately 13 hrs and testing 5 hrs.
Description of training materials (hard copies available upon request, too large to upload);
- Bound class materials are shipped including a 14-page training manual, BPI reference standards, reference sheets. Also, online access to the reference standards.
- 10% EnergyScore® student discount towards Retrotec equipment
Exam/record of completion: BPI Infiltration & Duct Leakage certification. Proctored BPI IDL Field certification exam included, no written exam required
All training and certification courses are offered at no cost to participants on a first come, first serve basis. Due to the time commitment for this course, registrants will only be allowed to signup for this course if they are not registered for any other courses through the DCSEU that present a time conflict (unless that course is self-paced).This program is designed to expand the local green workforce and local business opportunities.